Intimate Dark-Sky Timelapse & Photography Workshop for All Skill Levels
October 19-21, 2014 & October 23-26, 2014
The workshop helps folks of all skill levels to create great timelapse shots. Here’s some examples of past student work.
Join me in the Valley of Fire (one of my favorite places to shoot). This is an intimate 3 and 4-day dark sky time-lapse workshop taking place in Nevada this October. Timelapse: Valley of Fire is an exclusive timelapse photography workshop that focuses on teaching the skills needed to capture day and night timelapses – with a focus on the night sky. The workshops are open to photographers and cinematographers of all skill levels.
Valley of Fire State Park is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes you have ever seen. Over 20 miles of breathtaking rainbow vistas, natural arches, stone cabins, slot canyons, wave rocks, and red-rock cliffs make this one of the most amazing destinations to capture time lapses. Located just 60 miles from Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park is easy to access, but far enough away to allow the night sky to fill with stars.
3-Day Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to capture timelapses using your digital SLR
- The best settings to capture the night sky in motion
- How to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to eliminate flicker when capturing a timelapse
- How to use your computer and apps to scout locations and sky conditions
- How, why and when to “drag the shutter” when capturing timelapses
- How to best capture day-to-night timelapse sequences
- How to choose the best aperture, shutter speed, interval, and ISO
- How interval & exposure impacts the feel and pacing of your timelapse
- How to capture & process HDR Timelapses
- JPEG & RAW Post Production Workflow techniques using Adobe Lightroom and LRTimelapse
- The many variables (some controllable, some not) that can affect your timelapse and how to prepare for them
4-Day Motion Control Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to use the Dynamic Perception Stage One Dolly with MX3 Controller (1-axis)
- How to use the eMotimo TB3 Black motorized Pan & Tilt head (2-axis)
- How to combine the eMotimo TB3 with the Stage One Dolly for killer 3-axis timelapses
* We’ll have motion control sliders and heads on hand for workshop participants to use & share
- How to select the best settings to use when moving your camera during a timelapse
- Hyper lapse and Drive lapse techniques and discussion
- Inexpensive techniques to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to decide when to use ND Filters to enhance your timelapse sequences
- How to combine day-to-night capture techniques with motion control camera moves
- Advanced post-production workflow techniques using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and LRTimelapse
- Music: Selecting and Licensing
- Putting it all together in post
Sign up today at http://www.timelapseworkshops.com
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.