Adobe announced a simple update to their Camera Raw, which affects Photoshop and Lightroom! It’s a pretty light package that adds a slew of support for new lenses and a couple new cameras. Also, there’s a couple bugs that’ll be squished with the installation of this update.
And here’s the meat and potatoes of the update from straight from Adobe:
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.6 Release Candidate
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.6 Release Candidate
|Canon||Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM|
|Canon||Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E|
|Canon||Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 5.6|
|Nikon||Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N|
|Pentax||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Phase One A/S||Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 28mm f/2.8|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6|
|Sony Alpha||Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF|
|Sony E||Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M|
Camera Raw 8.6 Release Candidate adds camera matching color profiles for the following camera models:
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
Camera Raw 8.6 Release Candidate introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
– Improved performance when batch processing images via the Save button (in Camera Raw) and when converting images to DNG (in DNG Converter). The performance improvements are available only in 64 bit systems.
- Fix crash on launch in some cases on Hi DPI (Retina) systems.
- Fix crash when opening some Sigma SD9 raw files.
- Fix issue with JPEG images saved by Camera Raw not readable in some external applications.
- Fix automatic lens profile selection for Leica M (Typ 240) when using most recent firmware version.
- Fix issue with some Hasselblad H5D-50c and H5D-60 3FR raw images appearing slightly too dark. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review previously captured images for unexpected brightness changes.
To read more about the fixes, go here.
Latest posts by Mykii Liu (see all)
- The term “Crushed Blacks” has got people confused! - September 26, 2017
- Gear Review: Ruggard Padded Equipment Wraps! - July 21, 2017
- Make Facebook Display Your Photos in the Highest Quality! - March 19, 2017