GoPro just announced a new mount today primarily designed for those into the “other” kind of shooting. The mount is called the Sportsman Mount but it looks useful to photographers as well. It’s designed to clamp to any object that’s between 0.4 to 0.9 (10mm to 23mm) in diameter.
This look to me like it may be well-suited for light stands and many other common pieces of grip gear in photo and video kits. What’s most interesting is that it makes it easy to mount two cameras pointing in opposite directions. When combined with a wide-angle mode of the GoPro, this would allow for about 280?coverage.
- Fits 0.4″ to 0.9″ (10mm to 23mm) diameter gun barrels, fishing rod grips and bow components
- Compatible with most shotguns1, rifles, revolvers, airsoft, paintball and pellet guns
- Mount one or two cameras to capture footage looking forward, backwards or both directions simultaneously
- When used with a gun or fishing rod, camera(s) can be mounted below or to the side of the barrel or rod
- Non-reflective, matte black finish ensures low visibility
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Sharing with System and Social Services in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 27) - June 16, 2018
- Exporting Files in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 26) - June 12, 2018
- Saving a Native File in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 25) - June 9, 2018