This week’s podcast takes a look at two very different topics in the photo industry. Our first guest Mike Corrado discusses his concert photography and passion projects. Then we catch up with Photofocus contributor and industry expert Gerard Murphy about photo sharing services like SnapChat and the new Lightroom Mobile.
Mike Corrado is a photographer and visual artist with over 35 years experience. He also works with Nikon as the Manager of Nikon Professional Services: Pro Relations and Product Marketing. Assignments have taken him to several Super Bowls, World Series and Indy 500 races. He has covered the Kentucky Derby for 14 of 16 years and has worked with the New York Mets, New York Jets and other professional sports teams.
Note, Mike’s interview was captured on location and has some background noise.
- Who is Mike?
- What are his passions?
- What does Mike do for Nikon?
- Shooting concerts and tips.
- Why he loves to shoot the drummer
- Current passion projects
- Seeing new talents
- Advice for photographers
- Where can you find Mikes work?
Gerard has had a passion for photography since borrowing his Moms Pentax as a kid on family vacations. Later, Gerard turned this passion into Mosaic which he co-founded. He is also an avid Lightroom advocate and teacher of Lightroom tips and tricks.
Rich and Gerard discuss
- Who is Gerard Murphy?
- Private photo sharing and what SnapChat is doing
- The appeal of services like SnapChat
- Immediate sharing and the up and coming generation of photographers
- Future of photo sharing and photo management
- How is this evolving in a mobile world
- The announcement of Lightroom mobile
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- How to Take Better Portraits of Women with Matthew Jordan Smith - February 24, 2017
- Portrait Tip: How to Find Portrait Locations in Unlikely Places - February 22, 2017
- How to Apply a Filter to a Lightroom Image Non-Destructively (and Still be Able to Edit) - February 21, 2017