This week’s podcast features a triple dose of photo knowledge. First up, Melissa Niu catches up with portrait photographer Tamara Lackey. The Rich Harrington and Ron Pepper discuss panoramic photography workflows. Then we jump back to Melissa as she interviews Jerry Ghionis for his take on shooting portraits and where the photo industry is headed.
Tamara Lackey is a professional photographer, speaker, and author. She focusses on lifestyle photography, from childrens portraits to celebrity portraits. Tamaras work has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Parenting Magazine, O The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Vogue, Food & Wine, Mens Journal, Nikon World, Professional Photographer Magazine, Rangefinder Magazine, Photoshop User Magazine, NBCs The Martha Stewart Show, ABCs Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, PBS Need to Know and NBCs The Today Show.
- What Tamara has coming up
- What its like at Photoshop World
- Why should you go to photography conferences?
- Why community matters?
- Tip on working with children
- Where to find more information?
Ron Pepper is the primary of PanoramaNETWORK. We explore his work with panoramic photography and architectural photography. PanoramaNETWORK was founded in 2003 in Madrid, Spain. His photography consists of modern, 360 degree by 180 degree panoramic photography showing any location in a realistic immersive way, from ceiling to floor!.
- What brought Ron into Panoramic Photography?
- How panoramic photography has changed over the years
- What 360 photography is being used for?
- What skills can Landscape and Interior photographers learn to make more panoramic images?
- Tips on shooting panoramic images
- Tools for postproduction
- Working with dynamic range issues
- Time spent on editing
- Information about his upcoming workshop with Rich
- Where to learn more about Ron, HDR, & panoramic photography?
As one of the few modern masters of wedding photography not proficient in Photoshop, Jerry Ghionis has learned to create stunning images in camera. Known as the MacGyver of photography, Jerry has the innate ability to turn ordinary situations into extraordinary images using any light source and ordinary objects around him. A United States Nikon Ambassador, Jerry was named in the first ever list of Top Ten Wedding Photographers in the World by American Photo magazine. In 2011 Jerry was named by PDN magazine as one of the top photography workshop instructors in the world.
- Where is the wedding industry headed?
- Challenges to grow as a wedding photographer
- Talking to people face to face
- Acting like you are a business
- Advice to people starting out
- How to have a long and successful career
- What is Jerry working on
- Where to find Jerry online?
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Question of the Week: Why Haven’t You Turned Professional? - February 26, 2017
- Humor: Unplugged Weddings - February 26, 2017
- Macphun Tip: Master Luminar Adjustment Layers - February 25, 2017