This week’s podcast features a popular guest who’s returned to visit us and a photo industry influencer who’s usually invisible behind the scenes. First up Melissa Niu speaks with Tamara. Then Rich Harrington speaks with Dave Moser and his work with Photoshop World.
Here is the new podcast feed:
Tamara Lackey who is a professional photographer, speaker, and author. She focusses on lifestyle photography, from childrens portraits to celebrity portraits. Tamaras work has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Parenting Magazine, O The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Vogue, Food & Wine, Mens Journal, Nikon World, Professional Photographer Magazine, Rangefinder Magazine, Photoshop User Magazine, NBCs The Martha Stewart Show, ABCs Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, PBS Need to Know and NBCs The Today Show.
Melissa and Tamara discuss:
- How Tamara got into photography
- Marketing goals and building new relationships
- Word of mouth
- Building your professional network
- Networking and connectors
- How important relationships are to photography
- Balance: Being a mom, wife, and having a career
- Where to find Tamara online?
Follow Tamara on
Dave Moser is the Executive Vice President of Kelby One. While they may sound a little stiff, Dave is fully plugged in to the world of creative professionals. He started as one of the original publishers in the Mac community with MacCentral. Dave is involved in putting together great events like Photoshop World. Rich and Dave talked before the name change from Kelby Training to Kelby One.
Rich and Dave discuss
- Who is Dave Moser and what he does with Kelby One
- Changes in the photo industry
- Trade shows and being face to face in training
- Coming to events to learn and connect both for the instructors and the attendees
- Its about the people and the real time in person connections and learning
- Photoshop World culture and how 1st timers can feel included
- The type of speakers at Photoshop World. Its all about the attendees
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- How to Take Better Portraits of Women with Matthew Jordan Smith - February 24, 2017
- Portrait Tip: How to Find Portrait Locations in Unlikely Places - February 22, 2017
- How to Apply a Filter to a Lightroom Image Non-Destructively (and Still be Able to Edit) - February 21, 2017