This week’s show features interviews with two photo gurus. Melissa Niu catches up with photographer Bill Fortney about his approach to shooting and life. Then Rich Harrington talks with Bruce Dorn about his photography and cinematography.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/129605927″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here is the new podcast feed:
Bill Fortney is a professional photographer who has now switched to being a self-described “very serious amateur shooter.” He has spent several years working with Nikon in their Professional Services group. He also has worked for many years shooting landscapes, nature, and sports.
Melissa and Bill discuss:
- Who is Bill and what is his background?
- What is Bill teaching?
- What changed for Bill so personally that affected the path his photography career to this day?
- What is his simple truth to him in his life drives how he treats others and teaches others?
- What is happening with technology and how does he foresee the future of photography?
- Exceptional photographers are a dime a dozen and how that is a good thing
- Gear talk & advice about gear
- Where can you find Bill online?
Bruce Dorn has been a full-time professional image-maker since 1973. He began his career working for Conde Nast the publishers of Architectural Digest, Glamour, Vogue, Womens Wear Daily, and Vanity Fair magazines. He eventually added television commercials to his resume and was inducted into the Directors Guild of America in 1984.
Rich and Bruce discuss:
- What is Bruce’s Background?
- What excites him right now in the media industry?
- Finding a story and telling a story
- Tips on getting comfortable with the video and photography
- Advice on learning filmmaking
- His creative process
- Projects and upcoming workshops.
- Where to find Bruce online?
- His latest project that’s taking him around the world.
Follow Bruce on Twitter
Latest posts by Team Photofocus (see all)
- Photofocus Team Participates in the Big Deal - July 2, 2016
- Time is Running Out to Win a Sony A7II and a SpiderLight Hand Strap - June 15, 2016
- Question of the Week: How Much Do You Spend on Photography? - June 1, 2016