A few weeks back we told you about the new Lightroom beta that offered bug fixes and additional lens profiles. Well, that version is now officially shipping and adds a few more features. Get it here for Windows | Mac.
New Features in Lightroom 5.3
- Support for 20 New Cameras (see the full list).
- Added Camera Matching color profiles for several Olympus cameras
- Modified sliders… hold down the Shift key while double clicking on sliders in theBasic panel to get an auto value.
- Try Shift-double-clicking on the Whites and Black sliders to get new values calculated on the currently processed image.
- A few more shift-double-click options (see this article).
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.3
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- On certain images, red eye removal behaved incorrectly
- Incorrect White Balance settings applied when synching Auto WB from source to targets
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the Reset button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
- In the metadata of exported files, the application is listed as 5.0 instead of the actual Lightroom version (such as 5.2, etc.).
- An Error Occurs When Playing a slideshow having an image Flipped Horizontally or Vertically.
Latest posts by Photofocus Team (see all)
- How to Take Better Portraits of Women with Matthew Jordan Smith - February 24, 2017
- Portrait Tip: How to Find Portrait Locations in Unlikely Places - February 22, 2017
- How to Apply a Filter to a Lightroom Image Non-Destructively (and Still be Able to Edit) - February 21, 2017