This week’s show features two interviews to give you insight into the photo industry. This week we catch up with photographer and digital artist, Jack Davis, to learn new ways photographers can process their images. Then we speak with Gerard Murphy to learn how photographers should store and back up their images to prevent loss.
Jack Davis is one of the worlds leading experts on Photoshop, plus an award-winning photographer. Jack is a coauthor of the bestselling (a million copies+ in 12 languages) guide to Photoshop, The Photoshop Wow! Book. His latest book, How to Wow: Photoshop for Photography, showcases the process of going beyond what was shot, to crafting what was experienced.
For over 20 years Jack has been an internationally renowned spokesperson on digital imagery, and routinely teaching at conferences and workshops around the world. Davis is part of the Dream Team at the Photoshop World Conferences and was one of the first inductees into the Photoshop Hall of Fame for his lifetime contributions to the industry.
Jack has an MA and MFA in Digital Imagery, and when hes not in his studio in San Diego, hes usually somewhere in Polynesia, camera in hand, capturing the local color.
Rich and Jack discuss:
- How did Jack find himself in this career?
- Jack discusses his pioneering spirit.
- Idea of creating “recipes” to solve problems by experimenting
- Working non destructively and how it all began.
- Jack’s painting work and what he loves about it.
- How he prints his work and what determines what he prints on.
- How painting is a different outlet for photographers.
- Where you can find out more about Jack Davis.
- What does Jack love more than anything when he’s teaching?
Follow Jack on Twitter
Gerard has had a passion for photography since borrowing his Moms Pentax as a kid on family vacations. Later, Gerard turned this passion into Mosaic which he co-founded. Gerard grew Mosaic from a PowerPoint and a dream into a service used by tens of thousands of Lightroom users daily.
He is also an avid Lightroom advocate and teacher of Lightroom tips and tricks. His blog features several stories about Lightroom workflows.
Melissa and Gerard discuss:
- What Gerard does in the photography world
- What kind of problems does he see with Photographers and their images.
- How to browse your Lightroom images from a smartphone or tablet.
- Why the best photos are often not the ones we’re sharing on social media sites.
- The process of working with Mosaic and Lightroom.
- How to back up your images to the cloud.
- How to get a Mosaic account for free.
Follow Gerard on Twitter
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Athentech Unveils Two New Version of Perfectly Clear (Including a Free Version) - July 19, 2017
- Plotagraph Plus for iOS is Amazing (and Now Shipping) - July 13, 2017
- DSLR Video Weekly: Using Picture Styles or Controls - June 24, 2017