Apple seems to be picking up its pace on Raw file format updates. This makes two updates in about a month. This new update is somewhat small, but addresses three specific use scenarios.
Available to download is the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.09. Just click the Apple menu and choose Software Update…. You can also download it here.
Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.09
- Support for the Olympus PEN E-P5
- Restore lens correction to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 images
- Address a white balance issue with some Nikon images that were modified by third-party applications
Other recent updates include
If you missed the last one
Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.08
- Canon EOS 70D
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Leica M
- Leica M Monochrom
- Nikon COOLPIX P330
- Pentax 645D
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II
Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.07
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF6
- Sony Alpha SLT-A58
These updates provide system-level support for digital camera RAW formats. In order to use these files, you can access them through Aperture or iPhoto on your Mac. You can also browse at the system level looking through folders.
You can find out about other recently added cameras that work on your Mac here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Note: To install Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Updates, you may need certain versions of Aperture or iPhoto already installed on your Mac.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- First Look: New LUCiD Plug-ins for Photos for Mac - September 21, 2016
- Free Webinar: Why Safe Storage is Good Business for Photographers - September 17, 2016
- Sources for Stock Photos - September 15, 2016