If you’re a Mac user, two new camera updates have recently shipped. OS X Mountain Lion provides system-level support for digital camera RAW formats. In order to use these files, you can access them through Aperture or iPhoto on your Mac. You can also browse at the system level looking through folders.
Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.07*
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF6
- Sony Alpha SLT-A58
Supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.06*
- Canon EOS-1D C
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D / Kiss X7
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i
- Hasselblad Lunar
- Nikon COOLPIX A
- Nikon D7100
- Nikon 1 J3
- Nikon 1 S1
- Sony Alpha NEX-3N
You can find out about other recently added cameras that work on your Mac here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Note: To install Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Updates, you may need certain versions of Aperture or iPhoto already installed on your Mac.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Removing Ghost Images with Deghosting in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 10) - April 17, 2018
- Aligning Source Images with Aurora HDR 2018 (part 9) - April 14, 2018
- When to Load Raw and when to Use Preprocessed Files in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 8) - April 10, 2018