I’ve put together a complete lesson on creating High Dynamic Range panoramic photos. This video tutorial walks you through a few different tools to try out.
I’ll show you how to:
- Organize multiple HDR photos
- Use Photoshop’s built-in toolset
- Use Adobe Camera Raw to pre-process raw files before the merge
- Align images and reduce noise and ghosting
- Create a batch process with Photomatix
- Enhance images with tone maps and fusion
- Browse preset looks to find a good starting point
- Choose the right bit depth
- Repair white balance issues
- Stitch the panoramic photo with Photomerge
- Enhance with a Curves adjustment
- Crop to a finished size
- Fill in gaps in the photo
This is of course just one way to complete this task. Feel free to combine my techniques with your own approaches.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- Sunday Comics: Stuff People Say To Photographers - April 23, 2017
- Photofocus Unveils Video Training Library (Try Two Classes for Free!) - April 18, 2017
- DSLR Video Weekly: A Stable Platform to Shoot From - April 15, 2017