I was pretty frustrated after a recent Photoshop update. All of my Nik software plugins wanted to be reactivated. Easy enough, I pulled out serial numbers and started entering them. But no dice… errors on activation. The telling sign is Errorcode -151.
Well, I swallowed my pride and jumped over the their support page. It seems that system or application updates can break the plugin’s ability to launch.
You have two options.
- Try a full shutdown then a reboot. See if this clears up the plugin launch issue. If you’re not asked to reactivate, the refresh solved the problem.
- If the restart doesn’t work, then you need to do a reinstall (a pain I know). You can download the latest installers here. I’ve heard from some other users that this sometimes goes as far as having to get Nik on the phone to reset your serial numbers… so be prepared for some potential downtime.
If you haven’t done so already, be sure to register your software so your serials are easier to look up in one online database.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Rich Harrington (see all)
- Batch Processing Files in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 28) - June 19, 2018
- Sharing with System and Social Services in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 27) - June 16, 2018
- Exporting Files in Aurora HDR 2018 (part 26) - June 12, 2018