I had a chance to use a few GoPro cameras on a recent time-lapse shoot. I just wanted to share the rigging that let this camera run all day from its perch.
- Matthellini Clamp to attach to the wall at the convention center.
- Stem Head and Pin to create a mounting surface.
- GoPro Tripod Mount
- GoPro Hero3 Black Camera
- Rogue FlashBender to block the light
- iGeek Large Capacity Portable Charger (USB Battery that was only half trained after a 12 hour shoot day).
- Camera ditty bag to hold battery and cables
- Safety chain
The finished product hasn’t been released by the agency yet, so you’ll have to wait to see the footage. I can tell you though that the camera performed very well.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- DSLR Video Weekly: Covering the Scene - November 18, 2017
- Luminar 2018 First Look | RAW Develop - November 16, 2017
- Adobe Releases Lightroom Downloader App to Recover Images from Cloud - November 13, 2017