I had a chance to use a few GoPro cameras on a recent time-lapse shoot. I just wanted to share the rigging that let this camera run all day from its perch.
- Matthellini Clamp to attach to the wall at the convention center.
- Stem Head and Pin to create a mounting surface.
- GoPro Tripod Mount
- GoPro Hero3 Black Camera
- Rogue FlashBender to block the light
- iGeek Large Capacity Portable Charger (USB Battery that was only half trained after a 12 hour shoot day).
- Camera ditty bag to hold battery and cables
- Safety chain
The finished product hasn’t been released by the agency yet, so you’ll have to wait to see the footage. I can tell you though that the camera performed very well.
Rich has published over 100 courses on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.
Latest posts by Richard Harrington (see all)
- How do I remove noise from an image in Lightroom? - September 25, 2017
- DSLR Video Weekly: The Impact of Light and Motion on Focus - September 23, 2017
- Strategies to Avoid Oversharing on Social Media - September 23, 2017