We don’t publish much in the way of photo news at Photofocus because there are plenty of sites that do that very well. But there’s SO much news lately we thought we’d mention a few things that caught our eye.
1. Photoshop Express Released for iPad, iPhone
Adobe sent Photofocus a news release announcing the release of Photoshop Express for iPad, iPhone. This used to be called Photoshop.com Mobile. Of all the apps out there for the iPad, this has the potential to steal the show. We’re trying to get a review copy and will keep you apprised.
2. Nik Software updates Viveza 2
Nik plug-ins have long been a favorite around here. Viveza is now 64-bit compatible on both the Windows and Mac platform.
Mac users will find the update isn’t currently compatible with either Photoshop CS2 or Mac OS 10.4.
3. Lightroom 3.2, Camera Raw 6.2 release candidates available
Adobe skips over Lightroom 3.1 and goes right to 3.2 to align the Camera Raw version number with the Lightroom number. New cameras are supported in Camera Raw and there are lots of bug fixes in Lightroom 3.2
4. National Geographic Announces 4th Annual International Photography Contest for Kids
The competition is conducted in partnership with the U.S. edition of National Geographic Kids magazine (also available in Canada) and 12 local-language editions of the magazine in Bulgaria, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Russia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom. The international grand-prize winner will receive a trip to National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C.
5. Topaz Labs Upgrades Image Noise Reduction Software
DeNoise 5 is twice as fast as its predecessor. It also introduces shadow tone restoration and dual-directional debanding capabilities, which enable photographers to solve additional problems caused by heavy noise.
Latest posts by Scott Bourne (see all)
- Update On The Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II Micro Four Thirds Camera - January 21, 2017
- Fuji Announces Medium Format Mirrorless Camera - January 19, 2017
- Is The Hometown Camera Store Dead? - January 15, 2017