Hopefully youre aware of our Emerging Photographer of the Year Award to recap, over the past year, we’ve identified 24 photographers who have outstanding work. We’ve offered them the exposure that they can get through our Photofocus website. Within the month, were going to select one to give a special award to.
1. Copy Aperture $199
2. Copy Nik Complete Collection $299
3. Think Tank Rotation 360 Backpack $279
5. One year free premium subscription to lynda.com $375
6. Lensbaby Composer $270
7. $500 gift certificate from Red River Paper
8. One Year NAPP Membership $99
9. One year subscription to Layers Magazine $30
10. One free pass to either Photoshop World East or West (Doesnt include lodging or transportation just admission) $699
11. One year free Smug Mug Pro Account $150
12. KIBOKO Camera Bag from Gura Gear $400
13. TrekPod Go! PRO $230
14. $500 gift certificate from Outdoor Photo Gear
15. Trek-Tech T-Pod Mini Tripod w/ Ballhead & MagMount STAR Quick Release System $50
16. Xtand iPhone holder by Just Mobile $40
17. BorrowLenses.com $150 gift certificate
18. Nations Photo Lab $500 gift certificate
The contest is now over and we’re not accepting any more entries.
Im proud to announce our 24th and final finalist. Eddy Joaquim is an architectural photographer from San Francisco.
Eddy takes a building and tells its story with a camera. He has really big vision and his images have lots of pop – which I really like. Many architectural photographers take a steril approach to their work. Not Eddy. His images sing. They make me want to go visit these buildings and see them for myself. They are rich and expressive and certainly worthy of a look.
Take a look at Eddy’s work here and congratulations to Eddy. Were going to announce the grand prize winner some time between now and the end of August. We’d hoped to do it by August 15 but that may not be possible since it happens to fall on the day that the book I am writing with Skip Cohen is due at the publisher. As soon as possible, the winner will be announced here and on Twitter.
I want to thank the more than 1500 photographers who entered the contest as well as all of our sponsors. I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope this contest helped more than one of the finalists get at least some of the attention they deserve.
Heres a complete list of the finalists:
1. Ara Roselani
2. Ana Adams
7. Chitra Aiyer
10. Bryan Rowland
11. Haroon Sheikh
12. Jessica Lark
13. Konrad Blum
14. Russ Robinson
15. Daniel Finley
16. Andrew Geddes
17. Ryan Gibson
18. Bart Wierzbicki
19. Chris Martin
20. Luis Argerich
21. Casey Lessard
22. Levet Christophe
23. Tasra Dawson
24. Eddy Joaquim
Latest posts by Scott Bourne (see all)
- A Special Bond – Meeting Up With Photofocus Readers At Photoshop World - July 24, 2016
- The Argument For Using Software To Help You Complete Your Images - July 17, 2016
- Announcing Plotagraph – A Whole New Way Of Creating Dynamic Images - July 13, 2016