Editor’s NOTE: Sorry I’m just a tad late picking the finalist this month – been on the road too long. Hopefully this will get back on track next time.
Hopefully you’re aware of our Emerging Photographer of the Year Award – to recap, over the next year, we’re going to identify 24 photographers who have outstanding work and offer them the exposure that they can get through our Photofocus website. Then, we’re going to select one to give a special award to.
(The exact prize package is still taking shape but here’s what we have so far:)
1. Copy Aperture $199
2. Copy Nik Complete Collection $299
3. Think Tank Rotation 360 Backpack $279
5. One year free premium subscription to lynda.com $375
6. Lensbaby Composer $270
7. $500 gift certificate from Red River Paper
8. One Year NAPP Membership $99
9. One year subscription to Layers Magazine $30
10. One free pass to either Photoshop World East or West (Doesn’t include lodging or transportation – just admission) $699
11. One year free Smug Mug Pro Account $150
12. KIBOKO Camera Bag from Gura Gear $400
13. TrekPod Go! PRO $230
14. $500 gift certificate from Outdoor Photo Gear
15. Trek-Tech T-Pod Mini Tripod w/ Ballhead & MagMount STAR Quick Release System $50
16. Xtand iPhone holder by Just Mobile $40
17. BorrowLenses.com $150 gift certificate
18. Nations Photo Lab – $500 gift certificate
I’m proud to announce our 15th finalist Daniel Finley, a Chicago-based fashion photographer. His work is very deliberate and thoughtful. It’s fresh, impactful and makes me smile. I note that Dan shoots with a filmmaker’s eye which in my opinion, gives him an edge.
Take a look at Daniel’s work here and congratulations to Daniel. We’re going to announce the next finalist in two weeks.
Here’s a complete list of the finalists so far:
1. Ara Roselani
2. Ana Adams
7. Chitra Aiyer
10. Bryan Rowland
11. Haroon Sheikh
12. Jessica Lark
13. Konrad Blum
14. Russ Robinson
15. Daniel Finley