If you want to elevate yourself from snap shooter or picture taker to picture maker, here are seven questions you should consider asking yourself before you make your next image.
1. What is the subject of the photograph?
2. What story does the photograph tell?
3. Am I taking this photograph because I care about the subject or because I just want to justify owning a camera?
4. Will this photograph matter to anyone?
5. Will this photograph help (or hurt) anyone?
6. Will this photograph move you as a photographer or move the viewer or both?
7. Will this photograph stand the test of time?
Latest posts by Scott Bourne (see all)
- The Argument For Using Software To Help You Complete Your Images - July 17, 2016
- Announcing Plotagraph – A Whole New Way Of Creating Dynamic Images - July 13, 2016
- My Week At The Out Of Chicago Photo Conference - July 5, 2016