Hopefully you’re aware of our Emerging Photographer of the Year Award – to recap, over the next year, we’re going to identify 24 photographers who have outstanding work and offer them the exposure that they can get through our Photofocus website. Then, we’re going to select one to give a special award to.
(The exact prize package is still taking shape but here’s what we have so far:)
1. Copy Aperture $199
2. Copy Nik Complete Collection $299
3. Think Tank Rotation 360 Backpack $279
5. One year free premium subscription to lynda.com $375
6. Lensbaby Composer $270
7. $500 gift certificate from Red River Paper
8. One Year NAPP Membership $99
9. One year subscription to Layers Magazine $30
10. One free pass to either Photoshop World East or West (Doesn’t include lodging or transportation – just admission) $699
11. One year free Smug Mug Pro Account $150
12. KIBOKO Camera Bag from Gura Gear $400
13. TrekPod Go! PRO $230
14. $500 gift certificate from Outdoor Photo Gear
15. Trek-Tech T-Pod Mini Tripod w/ Ballhead & MagMount STAR Quick Release System $50
16. Xtand iPhone holder by Just Mobile $40
17. BorrowLenses.com $150 gift certificate
I’m proud to announce our 9th finalist. Daniel R. Winters lives in Brooklyn, NY. Christian shoots fashion photography that is clean, simple and captivating. Daniel’s approach is refreshing. I see many fashion portfolios where the photographer relies on models with over-the-top makeup or sets that are out of this world. In these cases, the photographs only stand out because of the subject or the location. Daniel’s photos stand out because they have a pure simplicity that shows off the right stuff without being – well too showy.
Take a look at Daniel’s work here. Congratulations to Daniel. We’re going to announce the next finalist in two weeks.
And here’s a complete list of the finalists so far
1. Ara Roselan
2. Ana Adams
7. Chitra Aiyer