You’ve heard of the Boy Scout’s Oath? Well here’s a prospective photographer’s creative oath I’ve created. If it doesn’t resonate with you, create your own. In any event, it’s something to think about when you realize that it’s your ability as a creative that will set you apart from other photographers.
1. Creative photographers are committed. We’re committed to our craft, our relationships, our clients, our patrons, our mentors and our development.
2. Creative photographers create daily. We do SOMETHING each day to further our goal of becoming more creative photographers.
3. Creative photographers never stop learning. We read books, listen to podcasts, read blogs, take and teach workshops, ask and answer questions and generally do anything and everything we can to learn more about photography, it’s impact and its practice.
4. Creative photographers are generous. We will freely share any tip, trick, idea or inspiration that has worked for us. We won’t wait to be asked. We’ll share this information freely and often.
5. Creative photographers respect themselves. We won’t undercut or underprice our work because it demeans us and our profession. We won’t do work we don’t believe in or enjoy just for money. We refuse to cheat clients or to mislead them. We honor our commitments and work hard.
Latest posts by Scott Bourne (see all)
- Olympus Trade-In Program Announced - February 26, 2017
- My Five Favorite Adobe Lightroom Keyboard Shortcuts - February 22, 2017
- The Birth Of A Great Photograph - February 16, 2017