Entry-Level Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera Debuts Mothers Day Weekend
Olympus announced a new small DSLR. The new E-450 continues the E-400 series heritage of a small and portable design. The new camera also provides a more viewable 2.7-inch LCD and On-Screen Autofocus, Face Detection, Shadow Adjustment Technology and Perfect Shot Preview to get the most out of the Live View experience.
The camera is heavy on LiveView features. These include:
- On-Screen Autofocus works as seamlessly as a point-and-shoot to display subjects in focus on the LCD the instant the shutter is pressed half way;
- Face Detection Technology targets and locks on up to eight faces to ensure they are in focus and crystal clear for amazing portraits;
- New and Improved HyperCrystal II Technology delivers twice the contrast and better viewing in extreme lighting conditions, a broader range of color detail, and a wider angle of view on the LCD so you and your friends can see it up to 176 degrees off-center;
- Shadow Adjustment Technology captures detail in the bright areas of a frame and opens up detail in the shadows that other cameras would render too dark or underexposed; and
- Perfect Shot Preview enables you to view and select your favorite effect right on the LCD, and see how the image will look before you even capture it, so you know that what you see is what you get.
Olympus is scheduled to launch the E-450 DSLR on leading multimedia retailer QVC Saturday, May 9.
The product will be widely available in the U.S. and Canada in July.
Olympus is also offering a new dust reduction system, built-in fitters, the ability to accept both CompactFlash Type I & II, Microdrives, and xD-Picture Cards, Wireless Flash Capability.
The kit price in the USA is estimated at $699.99 and It includes E-450 Body, ED 14-42mm f3.5/5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens, ED 40-150mm f4.0/5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens, USB Cable, Video Cable, Li-Ion Battery Pack (BLS-1), Li-Ion Battery Charger (BCS-1), Shoulder Strap, OLYMPUS Master 2 Software CD-ROM, Manuals and Warranty Card.
This site is made possible by sponsorship from:
Latest posts by Scott Bourne (see all)
- The Single Biggest Advantage Of Being A Micro Four Thirds Camera User - October 20, 2016
- Live Speaker Schedule for Thursday at Photo Plus Expo - October 19, 2016
- Outdoor Photography Tip: Stop Chasing - October 17, 2016