Carrying a camera on vacation pretty much guarantees you won’t see anything worth shooting.

— Bob Krist

1. Right…

2. Really the reverse is true. Any time I don’t carry a camera the photo of a lifetime passes right in front of me.

3. But not carrying one pretty much guarantees you will.

4. I thought it was the opposite. No camera, lotsa shots.

5. This makes no sense at all. Please explain.

6. The story of my life!

7. I would like to see further explanation. I know what he is saying, but I don’t necessarily agree. I am not a professional photographer, and the idea of leaving my camera behind sounds ridiculous. I take photos to share with my family and to remember what it was like, not to sell.

8. No, I don’t agree. If you look you will always find something of interest to shoot. Some of my best beach images come from vacations. Up early each morning to capture the quietness of the beach. Critters are more active. As are some people going about there morning rituals.

About Richard Harrington

Richard Harrington is the founder of RHED Pixel, a visual communications company based in Washington, D.C. He is the Publisher of Photofocus and Creative Cloud User as well as an author on Lynda.com. Rich has authored several books including From Still to Motion, Understanding Photoshop, Professional Web Video, and Creating DSLR Video.

Photography