This week’s podcast features a triple dose of photo knowledge. First up, Melissa Niu catches up with portrait photographer Tamara Lackey. The Rich Harrington and Ron Pepper discuss panoramic photography workflows. Then we jump back to Melissa as she interviews Jerry Ghionis for his take on shooting portraits and where the photo industry is headed.
Tamara Lackey is a professional photographer, speaker, and author. She focusses on lifestyle photography, from children’s portraits to celebrity portraits. Tamara’s work has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Parenting Magazine, O – The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Vogue, Food & Wine, Men’s Journal, Nikon World, Professional Photographer Magazine, Rangefinder Magazine, Photoshop User Magazine, NBC’s The Martha Stewart Show, ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, PBS’ Need to Know and NBC’s The Today Show.
- What Tamara has coming up
- What it’s like at Photoshop World
- Why should you go to photography conferences?
- Why community matters?
- Tip on working with children
- Where to find more information?
Ron Pepper is the primary of PanoramaNETWORK. We explore his work with panoramic photography and architectural photography. PanoramaNETWORK was founded in 2003 in Madrid, Spain. His photography consists of modern, 360 degree by 180 degree panoramic photography showing any location in a realistic immersive way, from ceiling to floor!.
- What brought Ron into Panoramic Photography?
- How panoramic photography has changed over the years
- What 360 photography is being used for?
- What skills can Landscape and Interior photographers learn to make more panoramic images?
- Tips on shooting panoramic images
- Tools for postproduction
- Working with dynamic range issues
- Time spent on editing
- Information about his upcoming workshop with Rich
- Where to learn more about Ron, HDR, & panoramic photography?
As one of the few modern masters of wedding photography not proficient in Photoshop, Jerry Ghionis has learned to create stunning images in camera. Known as the “MacGyver” of photography, Jerry has the innate ability to turn ordinary situations into extraordinary images using any light source and ordinary objects around him. A United States Nikon Ambassador, Jerry was named in the first ever list of Top Ten Wedding Photographers in the World by American Photo magazine. In 2011 Jerry was named by PDN magazine as one of the top photography workshop instructors in the world.
- Where is the wedding industry headed?
- Challenges to grow as a wedding photographer
- Talking to people face to face
- Acting like you are a business
- Advice to people starting out
- How to have a long and successful career
- What is Jerry working on
- Where to find Jerry online?
This Post Sponsored by:
Photoshop World, the ultimate Photoshop, Photography & Lighting Conference. Atlanta GA, April 8-10. Use the promo code PSWFOCUS414 to discount $50 OFF a full conference pass. Learn more in three days than you have in three years!
ViewBug Stick With ViewBug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs. Be sure to also check out the Lightroom Learning Center to learn new ways to work in Lightroom.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.