This week’s podcast features tips on how to organize and manipulate your images. First up, Rich Harrington and Peter Krogh explore backup and organization workflows for all users. Then Melissa Niu catches up with Wes Maggio from Wacom.
Here is the new podcast feed:
Peter Krogh is a photographer, writer, filmmaker, publisher and consultant. In the last decade, Peter has become one of the world’s foremost authorities on Digital Asset Management and workflow. He has worked with companies that create the digital photography ecosystem, such as Adobe, Microsoft, iView, Phase One, CRU, O’Reilly Media and PhotoShelter.
Rich and Peter discuss:
- How did Peter balance creativity and organization?
- Once you have all your files, what’s next?
- Organization includes backing up
- A simple start
- Keeping files stored in multiple locations
- What is Peter’s 3-2-1 Rule?
- Should you keep everything you shoot?
- Opportunities for photographers to expand into multimedia jobs
- Storing, Tagging, Relating. Why it’s important to your workflow
- Warning signs that storage is failing
- The easiest way to find your photos
- Where can you find Peter and his books
Follow Peter on Twitter
Weston (Wes) Maggio is a Senior Solutions Manager and Evangelist for Wacom. Wes regularly consults with creative professionals and enthusiasts, helping them learn new ways to control their software. Wes is also an avid photographer. Het enjoys shooting adventure sports and landscapes.
Melissa and Wes discuss
- Who is Wes and what does he do?
- How do tablets work?
- What is the learning curve for a tablet
- How can having tablet benefit a photographer?
- Where can you get more information about tablets
- Ending advice about having a tablet and just starting out.
- Differences between tablets
- Where can we find Wes Maggio’s work?
Follow Wes on Twitter
This Post Sponsored by:
Viewbug Stick With Viewbug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!
Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom for US$9.99/mo. Limited-time offer for Photoshop CS3 and later customers. Get it here. Be sure to also check out the Video for Photographers learning center to get new ideas on how to work with Adobe software.
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.