Adobe dropped a new update for Photoshop and Camera Raw today. This will affect all Photoshop and Lightroom users.
Here’s what shipped this morning.
- Automatic straightening of an image through one of the following three interactions:
- Double-click the Straighten tool () in the toolbar.
- With the Straighten tool selected, double-click anywhere in the preview image.
- With the Crop tool selected, press the Command key (on Mac) or Ctrl key (on Windows) to temporarily switch to the Straighten tool. Now, double-click anywhere within the preview image.
- Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality when you double-click the sliders while keeping the Shift key pressed (Shift-double-click).
- Auto Temperature and Auto Tint functionality. Shift-double-click within the image preview to invoke this functionality.
- Option to choose a background color for the work area and toggle the visibility of the hairline frame around the image. Right-click outside the image in the work area and select an option from the popup menu.
- Option-click shortcut support for the Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. When you option-click a checkbox, it is selected exclusively. You can option-click again to toggle to the previous checkbox state.
We’ll work up a tutorial soon.
This Post Sponsored by:
Viewbug Stick With Viewbug & Photofocus throughout 2014 – because we’re announcing the biggest contest in Photofocus history — coming soon!
Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom for US$9.99/mo. Limited-time offer for Photoshop CS3 and later customers. Get it here. Be sure to also check out the Video for Photographers learning center to get new ideas on how to work with Adobe software.
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.