Now that you’ve learned how to edit videos and slideshows in Adobe Photoshop, we want to make sure you know the best steps to be able to share your video with clients or friends and family onto your own personal Vimeo Channel.
To get started uploading your video on Vimeo, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Prepare the File
Before you upload the video to Vimeo, make sure you make your final edits and finishing touches, and then make sure that it is converted into a proper format. There are a wide variety of programs and websites that can convert video for free.
These formats are best supported by Vimeo:
- .MP4 (Motion Picture Experts Group Part 14)
- .MPEG or .MPG (Motion Picture Experts Group)
- .MOV (QuickTime Movie)
- .AVI (Audio Video Interleaved)
Step 2: Log Into Your Account
The first thing that you should do is visit the Vimeo website and create an account. If you already have an account, log into it by clicking the login link. If you don’t have an account, then you will need to follow the prompts to set up your account/channel.
Step 3: Uploading the Video
Click the “Upload Video” button which is located on the home page of the site. You will also be able to find the same link in the navigation bar which is under the Upload heading.
Step 4: The Upload Page
Once you click the upload link, you will be taken to the upload page. You will need to ensure that you are permitted to upload the videos. You can only upload videos that are owned and created by you since it’s not possible to upload any videos that are copyrighted by anyone else.
Step 5: Selecting the File
Click the “Choose a File to Upload” button and this will launch an upload dialog box. Choose the file that you want to upload and then click on “Select.” As soon as you click the button, the video will start to be uploaded straight away. The progress bar will start to estimate how long the video will take to upload. The faster the internet speed, the faster your video will upload.
Step 6: Adding the Basics
- Adding a description to your video will allow for viewers to know and learn more information about your video before viewing. This will display at the bottom of the video. Be sure to add a unique description to help your video to stand out.
- Tags allow other users to see your video by linking common and searchable words associated with your video. Other videos will then often be seen together in the “Recommended videos” sidebar if they have similar tags.
Step 7: Privacy Settings
Vimeo respects your videos and your right to decide who watches them. Privacy options allow you to upload videos and choose who can see them. To access the privacy settings of your video, click Settings under your video on the video page, then click the Privacy tab.
You can select from the following privacy options to determine who can see your video:
- Anyone – Allow anyone to see this video.
- Only me – Make this video visible to me and no one else
- Only people I follow – Make my videos visible only to people I follow on Vimeo
- Only people I choose – I’ll select people with whom I want to share this video (Note: this setting will only work for sharing with other Vimeo members)
- Only people with a password – Protect this video with a password (Note: you can share password protected videos with non-Vimeo members)
- Hide this video from Vimeo.com (Plus + PRO only) – I want to post this video on the web but don’t want it to be available on Vimeo.com. (This will hide your video on Vimeo.com and remove it from public Albums, Channels, and Groups.)
Step 8: Processing Conversion
As soon as the video is uploaded, the video will then need to be processed. You can close this page if you want, and Vimeo will handle the conversion automatically. Once the video has finished converting, the service will then email you once the conversion has finished.
This Post Sponsored by: