This week’s show features two tremendous talents. First up, Melissa Niu interviews Brooke Shaden, a fine art photographer and explore her creative process. Then Rich Harrington catches up with Canon Explorer of Light Eddie Tapp about his new project—aerial photography.
Brooke Shaden began creating self-portraits for ease and to have full control over the images, and has since grown into a self-portrait artist. Self portraiture for her is not autobiographical in nature. Instead, she attempts to place herself within worlds she wishes we could live in, where secrets float out in the open, where the impossible becomes possible.
Brooke works to create new worlds within her photographic frame. By using painterly techniques as well as the square format, traditional photographic properties are replaced by otherworldly elements. Brooke’s photography questions the definition of what it means to be alive.
- Who is Brooke Shaden?
- How would someone describe her work?
- What photography means to her
- Where does her work come from
- How did Brooke get started in her field
- Brooke’s favorite gear
- Brooke’s advice on getting work seen
- Brooke’s goals with her art
- Her post processing approach
- Advice on listening to what others say about your work
- What is Brooke’s favorite time of day to shoot and why?
- Advice to those starting out
- Where can you find Brooke’s work
Follow Brooke on Twitter — www.twitter.com/brookeshaden
A gifted photographer and artist, Eddie Tapp has become a tireless educator for professional photographers and a prominent figure in the world of digital imaging. His digital imaging seminars have been hosted around the world, and he’s a regular consultant to businesses large and small. Today, he’s recognized as one of the top experts on digital photography and Photoshop in the world. With a reputation as an authority on workflow, color management, calibration and Photoshop, he is associated with Adobe Systems along with some of the world’s most prominent photographic manufacturers and distributors.
Rich and Eddie discuss:
- What does Eddie do?
- What is he currently working on and learning to master right now?
- How Eddie practices to become a master at a new skill?
- What brought his childhood passion back to the surface?
- How does having a photography background come into play?
- What was his biggest surprise as he learns this new technique?
- What are some of the challenges including local laws and costs?
- How does this new skill set work into his establishing business?
- What else should you know about this style of photography?
- Where can we find Eddie?
Check out Eddie’s flight videos:
Follow Eddie on Twitter — https://twitter.com/eddietapp
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.