This week’s show is a double dose of Photo inspiration that will work both sides of your brain. First we take a look at new Adobe tech for Lightroom and Camera Raw, then we jump over and catch up with music photographer Adam Elmakias. Join hosts Rich Harrington and Melissa Niu for interviews with important thought leaders.
Lightroom 5.2 and Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 Updates
Rich catches back up with Sharad Mangalick, product manager for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Camera Raw. Adobe is shipping a new update that adds a lot of cool features for both Creative Cloud and CS6 users.
Rich and Sharad discuss:
- What specific change will we see in Camera Raw
- What small tweaks have been improved
- What can you do with video clips
- What are some new Lightroom specific changes
- How to get access to tech early with Adobe Labs
- Where can you learn more about Lightroom
Follow Sharad on Twitter — www.twitter.com/smangalick
Adam Elmakias is a music and travel photographer based out of San Diego, California. He started shooting at age 16 by going to local shows with his camera. This eventually grew into applying for photo passes, then going out on the road with bands. He’s spent the last several years touring almost nonstop. Adam is also one of the most followed photographers on Instagram.
Melissa Niu catches up with Adam:
- Who is Adam and what does he do?
- How does is monetize his work?
- How did Adam get his foot in the door and grow?
- Why trust has been essential in the process?
- Advice on working with social media
- Gear talk: what he uses and how
- How he gets his unique photos
- What advice does he offer to those starting out?
- Where to find Adam online?
Follow Adam on Twitter — www.twitter.com/elmakias
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.