When shooting, there will be times when rigging a camera can become necessary. Perhaps its to get a great shot from a difficult angle or because the camera needs to be left in place. In these cases, you’ll want to turn to some safety standards for rigging your gear.
- Cardellini Clamps – This jaw-style clamp is essential due to its adaptability. It can be used to clamp onto round, square, or rectangular tubing as well as onto flat objects.
- Mafer Clamps – This style of clamp is designed to take a lot of pressure. It works well for dealing with irregular shaped objects (and often has a rubberized grip inside).
- Flexarms – These articulating arms let you create a rigid arm to hold items in place. Using thumb-screw locks, then can be tightened down. They usually need to be combined with a Grip Head to be useful.
- Grip Head – The grip head allows for pins and other grip equipment to be joined. Notched holes can hold pins while a system of teeth let the head rotate when released and lock tightly when tightened.
- Carabiners and Safety Chains – These metal loops can quickly lock into place. When combined with safety chains, you create an extra level of safety if your grip gear fails.
- Safety Cones – When shooting at ground level a set of small safety cones helps people spot equipment. You can often pick up small sets at sporting good stores.
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.