Rich Harrington has two special guests on this week’s show. We’re joined by Dave Wilson, a freelance art photographer from Texas. Dave shares his approach to getting the best shot (no matter how many exposures it takes). Dave is a native of Scotland who likes to photograph subjects, scenes, locations and objects which symbolize Texas, the American Southwest and the United States in general.
In the second half of the show we catch up with Lightroom expert Gerard Murphy. Gerard has had a passion for photography since borrowing his Mom’s Pentax while on family vacations. He is also one of the inventors of Mosaic which helps photographers organize and backup their Lightroom catalogs.
Rich and Dave discuss:
- How Dave got into photography
- How he balances his art career while having a second job
- Why Dave loves HDR
- Dave’s Favorite shooting techniques
- How to create stunning black and white photos
- How to determine the number of brackets to shoot for a HDR photo
- When to use a fisheye lens
- How to spot and fix chromatic aberration
- Can you “fix” an image too much?
- Selling strategies to help photographers make money
- Developing multiple versions of a file
- What is “Clown Vomit?”
- Shooting with ND filters for long exposures
Rich and Gerard discuss:
- The most important features added to Lightroom 5
- What’s missing from Lightroom and needs to be added
- When to work in Lightroom vs. Photoshop
- How search can be used (and improved)
Disclaimer: This show presents several ideas and techniques that we hope help you. These are just some ways of approaching the issues at hand. Combine with your own skill for best results.
Download — http://photofocuspodcast.libsyn.com/webpage
Hosted by Rich Harrington
Circle Dave on Google+.
Follow Gerard on Twitter
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes — http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.
The Topaz Labs Image Enhancement bundle. Open up a world of creative possibilities with a seamless, integrated workflow. You don’t need to be a Photoshop wizard to look like one. Click here and use the code photofocus to get a 15% discount.