NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: The Photofocus Podcast Feed HAS CHANGED!
PLEASE BE PATIENT – OUR SERVERS SEE LARGE LOADS ON PUBLISHING DAYS. THE DOWNLOADS MAY GO SLOWLY BUT THEY WILL FINISH.
Join Rich and special guest Lightroom expert Gerard Murphy. Gerard has had a passion for photography since borrowing his Mom’s Pentax while on family vacations. Later, Gerard was lucky enough to travel the world on business trips where between conference rooms and hotels, he was able to snap thousands of pictures using his trusty Nikon. He is also one of the inventors of Mosaic which helps photographers organize and backup their Lightroom catalogs. He shoots on a Nikon and uses Lightroom on both his Mac and PC.
Rich and Gerard discuss:
- How is Lightroom 5 going to enhance a photographers workflow>
- What makes Lightroom a big release?
- What are Smart Previews?
- The trend of multiple external hard drives and how Lightroom manages them?
- Predictions for future Lightroom additions.
- Other new features of Lightroom 5 that are awesome.
- Choosing Lightroom over Adobe Photoshop or using both.
- Control and ownership over your files.
- Using metadata when importing and saving files.
- Organizing and tagging photos with keywords and flags.
- Evolution of photo storage workflows.
- Back up storage with Lightroom integration.
Disclaimer: This show presents several techniques for managing photos and working with Lightroom. These are not the only methods that work, just a handful of approaches presented for your benefit.
Hosted by Rich Harrington & Gerard Murphy
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes — http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo – Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.