NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE: The Photofocus Podcast Feed HAS CHANGED!
PLEASE BE PATIENT – OUR SERVERS SEE LARGE LOADS ON PUBLISHING DAYS. THE DOWNLOADS MAY GO SLOWLY BUT THEY WILL FINISH.
Join Rich and Scott as they discuss the impact of small format cameras. Learn how micro four-thirds and mirrorless cameras have changed both their shooting styles. Plus how have the GoPro and BlackMagic Cinema cameras worked their way into their cameras bags.
The second half of the show will inspire you as we hear from Bert Monroy. He is considered one of the preeminent pioneers of digital art. He builds his hyper-realistic digital paintings as a traditional artist would, adding color and texture, except he uses Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as his media. Bert co-authored the first book on Photoshop. His film credits include work for Industrial Light & Magic, Pacific Data Images, and R/GA. Bert has taught the Adobe Photoshop Creativity Seminar Tour, and he is a popular speaker at many conferences worldwide. He is a member of the Photoshop World Dream Team and was inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame in 2004.
Rich and Bert discuss:
- Bert’s history with Photoshop
- His process of creating light paintings
- His experiences as an art director
- The technology changes that he’s witnessed in the photo industry
- How to evaluate a scene to achieve the best composition
- Bert’s advice to photographers and designers of all levels
- What the layers panel means to his work
- How Bert keeps his images organized
- How printing technology has changed
- The process of creating the world’s largest digital image
- How Bert finds inspiration
- Where to find Bert’s classes
Hosted by Rich Harrington & Scott Bourne
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes — http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214
This Post Sponsored by:
Mosaic A complete solution for photographers using Lightroom who want to manage and share their photos. You can easily view images with their iOS app or web service. Plus your photos are backed up to the cloud with several plans to match your needs.
500px Join the world’s premier photo community. 500px lets you discover, share, buy and sell inspiring photographs.
Drobo – Not only is Drobo 5D fast, but it’s easy-to-use, expandable, flexible, and protected.