Later today I’ll give away the lens/camera combo I promised to give away back in December, but now I have a NEW contest – some people might say it is my coolest photo/Twitter contest yet!
(PLEASE READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY – IT ANSWERS ALL YOUR LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTEST!)
The buzz is building. Two of the hottest new cameras to come around in a long time are about to hit the market. And I’m going to give SOME lucky follower their choice – ready?
Enter to win YOUR choice of the new Nikon D800 or the new Canon 5D MK III!
Now before your collective heads pop off your neck, I know that neither one of these cameras is shipping. And the III hasn’t even been announced yet – but trust me – it will be soon – and by the time we award this prize, there should be no problem getting our hands on either one. You heard it here first!
I’ve given away lots of cameras, but rarely have I given you your CHOICE of cameras THIS COOL!
So I’d formally like to introduce a new contest. This one starts today and ends on June 1, 2012. The winner gets their choice of a brand new:
- OR -
Canon 5D MK III
(body only*) These cameras are have all the buzz and are on the list of most serious photographers. Now you get a chance to own your pick of the two, depending on what system you shoot with. Interested?
Here’s how to enter.
(If you are already following no need to unfollow and refollow – doing so repeatedly will get you blocked and banned from the contest — we have recently blocked or banned several hundred followers who engaged in this practice after the last contest – if you are amongst those people – sorry – no need to enter because you are not eligible.)
- Tweet the message you see highlighted below once! (There is no advantage to tweeting more than once. There is also no penalty for tweeting more than once, but you won’t have any better chance of winning and you may anger your own Twitter followers if you decide to tweet more than once. Please keep track of your own entry. We can’t (and won’t) respond to requests asking about entry status.)
Twitter has changed its policy to no longer allow disabling of link shortening – so if you need to use a different link to get to the same exact contest page that’s fine. As long as people end up on this page – that’s all that matters. The rest of the Tweet must be identical to the one below.
Do NOT put the @ sign in front of Scott Bourne in the tweet. This is to cut down on noise to people who follow you and me.
Here is the Tweet:
Enter to win your choice: a Nikon D800 or Canon 5D MK III from @viewbug & Scott Bourne. Please RT. Info at: http://goo.gl/ufeJx
Official Rules: All general Bourne Media Group/Photofocus contest rules apply. In addition:
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. You must be 18 years or older to enter
2. You must be following Scott Bourne (http://www.twitter.com/scottbourne) and ViewBug on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/viewbug)
3. You must send out the above tweet EXACTLY as it appears. A failure to do so will disqualify you.
4. The prize will be awarded on June 1, 2012 by Scott Bourne via Twitter and on Photofocus.com.
5. US residents responsible for any taxes (if any) incurred as winner. If you live outside the US you are responsible for any taxes, custom duties and shipping in the event you win. We will only ship the prize to a US address. Foreign winners must be able to retrieve the prize from a US address to be eligible to win.
6. If users make lots of Twitter accounts in order to enter a contest more than once, they’re liable to get all of their accounts suspended. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Scott Bourne will keep a record of each tweet in a database and then a random number generator picks the winner. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot and will not answer ANY questions about the contest on Twitter or via e-mail. The information you need is all right here.
Photofocus is excited to be working with ViewBug. ViewBug is home to lots of fun photo contests, galleries and photography training – all under one roof. If you’ve never tried ViewBug, give them a look. They are in BETA but I’ve seen the site, it’s already cool and lots of fun.
As always, if you are not a fan of these contests, please don’t participate. For the tens of thousands of you who do enjoy the contests, we’ll continue to try to find new contests and new prizes that will make it fun and interesting to be a part of the Photofocus family. Thanks for your support.
*We reserve the right to substitute a different camera of equal or higher value in the event the manufacturer cannot meet demand or to offer a cash equivalent paid in U.S. dollars to any winner.