I’ve given away lots of cameras. Amongst the most popular has always been the Canon 5D MK II. When my friends at Adorama got together with me saying they wanted to participate in one of my contests, we looked at what might be a popular prize. We considered the Nikon D700, but you can’t buy those anymore. If Adorama can’t get them nobody can. We’ve all heard rumors that Canon is considering a replacement for the 5D MK II. It’s been around several years. It’s still a favorite of many pros because it’s a full-frame sensor camera that also shoots lovely video. Soon you probably won’t be able to get one of these either – but we have one – and it might have your name on it!
SO we decided to roll that set of dice just one more time. This is the last Canon 5D MK II I plan to give away. I expect that soon Canon will announce it’s replacement, as Nikon will the replacement for the D700. So until then, we stick with an old favorite and invite you to enter the Twitter contest to try your hand at winning a brand new Canon 5D MK II body.
Here’s how to enter.
(If you are already following no need to unfollow and refollow – doing so repeatedly will get you blocked and banned from the contest — we have recently blocked or banned several hundred followers who engaged in this practice after the last contest – if you are amongst those people – sorry – no need to enter because you are not eligible.)
– Tweet the message you see highlighted below once! (There is no advantage to tweeting more than once. There is also no penalty for tweeting more than once but you won’t have any better chance of winning and you may anger your own Twitter followers if you decide to tweet more than once. Please keep track of your own entry. We can’t respond to requests asking about entry status.)
Twitter has changed its policy to no longer allow disabling of link shortening – so if you need to use a different link to get to the same exact contest page that’s fine. As long as people end up on this page – that’s all that matters. The rest of the Tweet must be identical to the one below.
Enter to win a new Canon 5D MK II camera body from @Adorama and Scott Bourne. Please RT. Info at: http://goo.gl/UNFw0
Total prize value = approximately $2,400
– Canon 5D MK II body $2,399
Official Rules: All general Bourne Media Group/Photofocus contest rules apply. In addition:
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. You must be 18 years or older to enter
2. You must be following Scott Bourne (http://www.twitter.com/scottbourne) and Adorama on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Adorama)
3. You must send out the above tweet EXACTLY as it appears. A failure to do so will disqualify you.
4. The prize will be awarded on December 15, 2011 by Scott Bourne via Twitter and on Photofocus.com – The prize will be shipped directly from Adorama to the winner. We timed the contest end date to make sure the camera arrives in time for the holidays.
5. If you live outside the US you are responsible for any taxes, custom duties and shipping in the event you win. We will only ship the prize to a US address. Foreign winners must be able to retrieve the prize from a US address to be eligible to win.
6. If users make lots of Twitter accounts in order to enter a contest more than once, they’re liable to get all of their accounts suspended. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Scott Bourne will keep a record of each tweet in a database and then a random number generator picks the winner. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot and will not answer ANY questions about the contest on Twitter or via e-mail. The information you need is all right here.
We’re excited to be working with Adorama. They are much more than a camera store. Adorama offers gear rental, photo processing/printing and educational programs in addition to one of the best imaging inventories in the world.
As always, if you are not a fan of these contests, please don’t participate. For the tens of thousands of you who do enjoy the contests, we’ll continue to try to find new contests and new prizes that will make it fun and interesting to be a part of the Photofocus family. Thanks for your support.