UPDATE: In addition to the camera we’re giving away a free year of SmugMug Pro! That’s cool, but to make it even cooler, Justin Busa, the genius behind Fastline has agreed to donate free customization services so your SmugMug site can look as fantastic as you want it to without having to know any programming skills. Thanks Justin and SmugMug!
UPDATE #2: This just keeps getting better. In addition to the 5D MK II, the free year of SmugMug Pro, the free SmugMug customization – we’re now throwing in the Canon 24-105 L (IS) lens!!! This prize package is worth more than $4300 so enter today!
UPDATE #3: Twitter has changed its policy to no longer allow disabling of link shortening – so if you need to use a different link to get to the same exact contest page that’s fine. As long as people end up on this page – that’s all that matters. The rest of the Tweet must be identical to the one below.
I was going to wait until next week to announce this but I’m too excited to wait so here goes. I’ve checked the entries and no matter what I give away, I get more entries when I give away a Canon 5D MK II than any other camera. It’s your favorite prize. Here’s another chance to get one.
Many of you know it’s harder and harder to even BUY a Canon 5D MK II – and it will continue to get harder as shortages from Japan impact the supply change – but I have a brand new 5D MK II in the box ready to give away sitting in my office. Here’s how you can enter to win it.
(If you are already following no need to unfollow and refollow – doing so repeatedly will get you blocked and banned from the contest)
– Tweet the message you see in quotes below just ONE TIME! (There is no advantage to tweeting more than once. There is also no penalty for tweeting more than once but you won’t have any better chance of winning and you may anger your own Twitter followers if you decide to tweet more than once. Please keep track of your own entry. We can’t respond to requests asking about entry status.)
Twitter has changed its policy to no longer allow disabling of link shortening – so if you need to use a different link to get to the same exact contest page that’s fine. As long as people end up on this page – that’s all that matters. The rest of the Tweet must be identical to the one below.
Enter to win a new Canon 5D MK II camera body & 1 yr @SmugMug Pro membership from Scott Bourne. Please RT. Info at: http://bit.ly/j2QsGa
Total prize value = approximately $4300
– Canon 5D MK II Kit W/24-105 L Lens $3650
– Year free SmugMug Pro membership $150
– Free SmugMug customization $500
Official Rules: All general Bourne Media Group/Photofocus contest rules apply. In addition:
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. You must be 18 years or older to enter
2. You must be following Scott Bourne (http://www.twitter.com/scottbourne) and SmugMug on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/SmugMug)
3. You must send out the above tweet EXACTLY as it appears. A failure to do so will disqualify you.
4. The prizes will be awarded on August 10, 2011 by Scott Bourne via Twitter and on Photofocus.com
5. If you live outside the US you are responsible for any taxes, custom duties and shipping in the event you win. We will only ship the prize to a US address. Foreign winners must be able to retrieve the prize from a US address to be eligible to win.
6. If users make lots of Twitter accounts in order to enter a contest more than once, they’re liable to get all of their accounts suspended. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Scott Bourne will keep a record of each tweet in a database and then a random number generator picks the winner. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot and will not answer ANY questions about the contest on Twitter or via e-mail. The information you need is all right here.
We’re excited to be working with SmugMug. Their Pro level membership lets you proof, archive and sell your photos online. You get gorgeous galleries, full pricing control, unlimited photo and video uploads, full customization options and tools to protect your photos, all at an affordable price. More info here: http://smu.gs/kuT5Bh
As always, if you are not a fan of these contests, please don’t participate. For the tens of thousands of you who do enjoy the contests, we’ll continue to try to find new contests and new prizes that will make it fun and interesting to be a part of the Photofocus family. Thanks for your support.