Here are 15 random portrait photography tips. Try them before you decide they won’t work :)
1. To make someone look smaller, photograph them from a high angle.
2. To create a dramatic portrait, fill the frame with the subject’s face.
3. Use large objects such as walls as reflectors when you can’t use electronic flash.
4. When photographing men, give them something to do with their hands.
5. Have your subject bring their chin down to make the eyes look larger.
6. When you photograph dark skin, underexpose by one stop.
7. Reflectors are an easy way to balance light on two sides of a subject.
8. Have your subject lean toward your camera. This creates a strong connection.
9. Large light sources placed close to the subject will provide the softest light.
10. Make sure your portrait background is clear of distractions.
11. When shooting a full-length portrait, women usually look better when they are photographed with their ankles crossed.
12. Make sure to focus on the eyes. Everything else can be soft.
13. Keep your subject’s arms away from her body to enhance the waist.
14. When posing someone in a seated position have them sit on their thighs, not their rear end.
15. Make sure to have a minimum of six feet between your subject and background to avoid casting shadows on the background.
This Post Sponsored by Animoto