How to use Photoshop to Create Drama in Your Photos from Nicole Young on Vimeo.

Contributor Nicole Young (http://nicolesyblog.com/) shows us how to add drama in Photoshop.

Post is made possible by sponsorship from:
Lensbaby

1. Thanks for sharing these tips, Nicole, I am learning a lot from them!

2. Thanks for sharing these tips, Nicole, I am learning a lot from them!

3. Great post, I never thought to do this before!

4. Great post, I never thought to do this before!

5. Bam! Another neat trick from Nicolesy. Great pace once again and useful tip which is easy to remember. What we need now is a follow-up video showing folks how to record this as an Action which they can replay at will.

6. Bam! Another neat trick from Nicolesy. Great pace once again and useful tip which is easy to remember. What we need now is a follow-up video showing folks how to record this as an Action which they can replay at will.

7. Loved it!

8. Loved it!

9. I’ve been reading tips all over the web for years now, but yours are definitely the best.
    Simple tricks, easy to learn, just a few clicks, yet so much difference for your image. Thanks Nicole!

10. I’ve been reading tips all over the web for years now, but yours are definitely the best.

11. Wow, that’s pretty awesome!
    Does anybody know if there’s a way to get a similar effect with Aperture?

12. Wow, that’s pretty awesome!
    Does anybody know if there’s a way to get a similar effect with Aperture?

13. very useful and original technique! good!

14. very useful and original technique! good!

15. Thank you Nicole.

I very much like your Photoshop tips but this one is a real winner.

I had a portrait of a Chinese construction worker, having a cigarette break and with this tip the pictures got real strong.

Thank you again!

16. Thank you Nicole.

I very much like your Photoshop tips but this one is a real winner.

Thank you again!

About Nicole S. Young

Photographer, author, entrepreneur. I love photographing food and landscapes, and have written several how-to books on Photography, post-processing, and creative inspiration. You can find more about me on my blog, online store, as well as on Google+ and Twitter.

Shooting