Levels in Photoshop from Scott Bourne on Vimeo.
Guest Contributor Nicole Young (http://nicolesyblog.com/) shows us how to do a levels adjustment in Photoshop.

Post is made possible by sponsorship from:
Lensbaby

1. Excellent tutorial! Very informative! Thanks so much.

2. [...] Original post: TWIPPHOTO.COM » How to Adjust Levels in Photoshop – TWIPPHOTO.COM [...]

3. Thanks for the videos.

Is there anyway to have them a slightly higher resolution? On HD monitors, the video is quite small and difficult to see the applications menus and text when the instructor is trying to visually show something.

Thanks again.

4. Another awesome tutorial – Nice one Nicole and the twip crew. Thank you.

5. I’m really enjoying Nicole’s series of video tutorials, and I’m looking forward to seeing more.

6. Learning so much here. Appreciate the good work as always. Would love to hear Nicole on TWiP Podcast.

7. Great tutorial! I’ve been using photoshop for years but learnt a couple of tricks I wasn’t aware of there.

8. Nice tutorial! Levels is always one of my first stops when using Photoshop. Thanks for the refresher.

9. love these videos scott. You should do more if you can:)

10. Thanks for the video. I learned new things about levels and color. I’ve only been using it in RGB mode. I have a suggestion for the videos. I use Photoshop Elements instead of CS4 because, as an amateur/hobbyist, I can’t justify the extra $500 at this time. Many of the tutorials can be applied to Elements as well although sometimes the commands and menus are in different places or named differently. If its practical, it would be nice to see a way some of these actions can be done in PS Elements. I guess it depends on how many of your followers use PS Elements vs CS4. If I recall most of the TWIP listeners are amateurs and likely are using Elements instead of CS4. A future poll could be used to find out the distribution of Elements vs CS3 vs CS4 users to see if I stand alone.

11. Thanks for your comments! I do appreciate the feedback, and if you have any ideas for tips/techniques you would like to see please feel free to let me know (you can message or @nicolesy me on Twitter if you like). :)

12. I’m glad to see folks giving Nicole her props. She’s VERY talented and it’s an honor and a privilege to have her help here at TWIPPHOTO.

13. Thanks for the tutorial. You do a great job explaining photoshop!

14. Wow, what a great tutorial. Thanks a ton! By the way, I followed your entire tutorial in Photoshop Elements 6; and it worked perfectly! That was an added bonus.

15. Sorry Adam but this is what we can do for free. We have to satisfy many criteria such as bandwidth, transfer time, download time, resolution, storage, etc. If you want to watch them full screen on Vimeo just click the Vimeo button and you might get more out of the video. We are investigating a solution that would offer a 100% resolution version for a fee for those who want to pay it to get the best quality. The costs to us to offer that would be too great to justify the expense on our end right now since we don’t charge for content.

16. To add to what Scott said, when I create the videos I am now doing my best to do them at as high of a resolution as possible. Like he said, just click on the Vimeo link and you will see it much larger, and full-screen is still a very good resolution on my 22″ monitor which is set to 1680×1050 for everyday use (I set my monitor to 1280×800 when making the videos – anything larger would make it difficult to view on a smaller screen).

17. She has been a guest on the podcast and I would expect that Alex will have her on again.

18. Understood. Thanks for the info.

Shooting