Demo of Wimberley Gimbal Head With Sigma 300-800 Lens from Scott Bourne on Vimeo.

Click on the Vimeo link for a full size version.

1. Scott, thank you so much for making the video. Until now I never really appreciated the value of a Gimbal head, the only downside is now I want one really badly :) Dear Santa…

2. Scott, thank you so much for making the video. Until now I never really appreciated the value of a Gimbal head, the only downside is now I want one really badly :) Dear Santa…

3. Nice. I don’t think I do enough really long work to justify it. I love a ball for most work, but I can see where this would be great with super longs.

Gavin

4. Nice. I don’t think I do enough really long work to justify it. I love a ball for most work, but I can see where this would be great with super longs.

Gavin

5. I tried using a super-telephoto on a nice, stout ball head for about a week and it was OK. I tried a buddy’s Wimberly and ordered mine the very next day.

There is no substitute when using big glass. It’s one of those things you don’t truly appreciate until you see it in action.

6. I tried using a super-telephoto on a nice, stout ball head for about a week and it was OK. I tried a buddy’s Wimberly and ordered mine the very next day.

7. Nice! Thanks for making this. I’d heard you talking about the Gimbal Head on the podcast and I’m happy to finally see one working. Really appreciated.

8. Nice! Thanks for making this. I’d heard you talking about the Gimbal Head on the podcast and I’m happy to finally see one working. Really appreciated.

9. Pretty neat. Outside of my equipment needs but I could see renting sometime.

10. Pretty neat. Outside of my equipment needs but I could see renting sometime.

11. Does anyone have an opinion on the Acratech GV2 Ballhead. Acratech GV2 Ballhead is designed to function both as a ballhead and as a Gimbal head. Has anyone tried this and how does it compare to the Wimberley model?

12. Does anyone have an opinion on the Acratech GV2 Ballhead. Acratech GV2 Ballhead is designed to function both as a ballhead and as a Gimbal head. Has anyone tried this and how does it compare to the Wimberley model?

13. @Mitch I have and use the GV2. It’s by far my favorite ball head and I can easily recommend it for most situations. But in the case of something bigger than a 400mm lens, I don’t recommend it at all. A gimbal is the way to go with most 400s and up.

14. @Mitch I have and use the GV2. It’s by far my favorite ball head and I can easily recommend it for most situations. But in the case of something bigger than a 400mm lens, I don’t recommend it at all. A gimbal is the way to go with most 400s and up.

Video Podcast