Converting Color Images to B&W in Aperture 2.1 from Scott Bourne on Vimeo.

1. Scott,

thank-you for this great video. I downloaded a trial of Aperture 2 this summer and in that 30 days I did everything from importing pics to printing photographs and I even ordered a book. One thing I find with Aperture is that is is too easy to get great results! I agree that Aperture’s monochrome mixer is easy and powerful to use and I have gotten some results that even surprise me (did I take THAT photo?).

Having watched Richard Harrington’s Aperture podcast on Nik’s Silver Efex Pro plugin for Aperture, could you comment on how far Aperture can take a person with monochrome photography and where tools like Nik’s software would be needed?

2. Scott,

3. Now, if you can just get that lay-about Fred Johnson to do one for Lightroom, you would have the triptych. :)

4. Now, if you can just get that lay-about Fred Johnson to do one for Lightroom, you would have the triptych. :)

5. Great look-see at the B&W filter tool Scott! I use this a LOT myself as it can do some really cool things with my pictures. I particularly like the red filter as it is a great skin-softener when you need it. And of course, custom filters are great too! Keep it coming!

6. Great look-see at the B&W filter tool Scott! I use this a LOT myself as it can do some really cool things with my pictures. I particularly like the red filter as it is a great skin-softener when you need it. And of course, custom filters are great too! Keep it coming!

7. Thanks’ Scott, the slider mix to a total of 100, makes so much sense, I shall go and tackle some B&W processing once again..

8. Thanks’ Scott, the slider mix to a total of 100, makes so much sense, I shall go and tackle some B&W processing once again..

Shooting