Adobe has announced CS4. It is expensive and power hungry….relying GPU resources to do its magic.

The product will ship in October.

For all the latest info, go to the official Adobe launch site. http://cs4launch.com/

1. Just in time for me. I bought a new Mac last week and was waiting for this. It is a little more GPU intensive but it still looks like it will work on older computers.

2. They’re finally taking real advantage of the GPU! Now us gamers/photographers can justify that expensive video card ;)

3. @Jason Do we know how much more it will utilize the GPU and whether it will utilize multiple GPU’s. I know CS3 utilizes the GPU (and I have setup cs3 to use it) but since I never hear the fan get any louder I am assuming it doesn’t full utilize as much as the new release.

4. @Jason Do we know how much more it will utilize the GPU and whether it will utilize multiple GPU’s. I know CS3 utilizes the GPU (and I have setup cs3 to use it) but since I never hear the fan get any louder I am assuming it doesn’t full utilize as much as the new release.

5. CS3 was an AWESOME release. I am really NOT impressed with the features for photographers in CS4 – especially for $200 to upgrade. I just shelled out $99 for a lightroom upgrade that IS useful. This release doesn’t warrant $200 – and I will vote by NOT upgrading. This release looks like it is more targeted for designers and medical folks. The GPU processing is nice, but I want to see some stats to see if my box will really use it. I like the spacial compression stuff, but again it is a nice to have. Adobe really should have called this a .1 release instead of all this hooplah! I think they are trying to focus on $$ and getting people to purchasing it rather than making a full encompassing release.

6. CS3 was an AWESOME release. I am really NOT impressed with the features for photographers in CS4 – especially for $200 to upgrade. I just shelled out $99 for a lightroom upgrade that IS useful. This release doesn’t warrant $200 – and I will vote by NOT upgrading. This release looks like it is more targeted for designers and medical folks. The GPU processing is nice, but I want to see some stats to see if my box will really use it. I like the spacial compression stuff, but again it is a nice to have. Adobe really should have called this a .1 release instead of all this hooplah! I think they are trying to focus on $$ and getting people to purchasing it rather than making a full encompassing release.

7. I’m very excited about the release. It’s probably one of Adobe’s most comprehensive in years. Can’t wait to add it to the pipeline here.

8. I’m very excited about the release. It’s probably one of Adobe’s most comprehensive in years. Can’t wait to add it to the pipeline here.

News