Go to http://www.photrade.com/contest/twipphotoassignmentdecay

1. I think Photrade is way too beta to be using it for the contest. Mainly, the size of the photo is too small to have a good look. I lost interest in looking at photo submissions since the move to Photrade.

Also, the usability of the site in general is very poor – it is not ready.

2. @Richard you’re entitled to your opinion. Hundreds of other photographers seem to disagree with you.
    The photo size is more than enough to judge in my opinion. The sizes are intentionally kept small to assist in precluding Copyright infringement.

The site has just come out of Beta and made major improvements. There are still a few rough edges but they’re being ironed out. That said, it’s a free site and a free contest and you’re welcome to participate or not.

It is where we will be holding all future contests.

And by the way, since moving the contest off Flickr and onto Photrade, we’ve had a record number of submissions.

3. @Richard you’re entitled to your opinion. Hundreds of other photographers seem to disagree with you.

It is where we will be holding all future contests.

4. Scott,

I did notice improvements in Photrade since I first joined several month ago after first hearing about it from Thomas Hawk and then finding the promotion on TWIP shortly after. Still, personally (and I mean no disrespect) I don’t see this as a very good setup for photo contests.

Where are the hundreds of photographers that seem to disagree with me? I have seen no feedback on this. How about a TWIP POLL to this effect?

Record numbers of submissions could be due, at least in part, to the fact that TWIP is relatively new and the number of listeners/followers overall is still rising rapidly.

I do like that Photrade allows voting on photos – one up on flickr, for sure. My beef is really mainly with the photo size. Perhaps, larger sizes could be allowed while a photo is in an active contest?

Cheers
    Richard

P.S. Love the blog and the podcast – haven’t missed one since the start – informative and entertaining. Thanks.

5. @Richard I don’t need a poll – I have evidence which you can explain away as you see fit. But out of all the photo assignment contests we’ve run, the FIRST one on Photrade had more submissions than any previous contest. And the fact that people are e-mailing me regularly to thank me for the Photrade move and participating by the hundreds is sufficient for me.

TWIP has published 46 podcast episodes and generated 364 posts with 10,000 comments. I’d say we’re “relatively” well-established.

In any event, as I made clear, we’re going to leave the contest on Photrade and those who enjoy it there may continue to post their images. Those who do not may feel free to enter contests on other sites.

6. @Richard I don’t need a poll – I have evidence which you can explain away as you see fit. But out of all the photo assignment contests we’ve run, the FIRST one on Photrade had more submissions than any previous contest. And the fact that people are e-mailing me regularly to thank me for the Photrade move and participating by the hundreds is sufficient for me.

7. Although it’s off to a rocky start, I do believe the Photrade site is a breath of fresh air in this market segment. I look forward to it’s increased exposure and our mutual success.

8. Although it’s off to a rocky start, I do believe the Photrade site is a breath of fresh air in this market segment. I look forward to it’s increased exposure and our mutual success.

Shooting